tab tips roll overs for main navigation
Who we are and what we do
Information about our services and programmes of work
The latest good practice we’ve gathered from the sector.
Online discussion forums and communities of practice
Ciara test event
Date/Time: 08 April 2008
09:00 - 16:00
Venue: layden house, turnmill street, London
Cost: (ex VAT) £ Free
Second front-office shared services event
- About the event
- Conference highlights
- Who should attend
- Further information
- Booking details
This two-day conference will highlight excellent practice where local public sector organisations have worked together to commission and deliver better services for local customers.
The event will support the key themes of the Local Government Association?s (LGA's) 'Closer to People and Places' campaign and the Local Government Act. It will also respond to current policy drivers, including CSR07 and the Service Transformation Agreement. It will address important public service agendas such as partnership working, and localism and community empowerment. It will demonstrate how, by working together, local partners can deliver transformed services that truly meet the needs of their communities.
By showcasing the work of exemplar authorities, the conference will both celebrate the work done so far and act as a challenge and inspiration for further progress.
- keynote speakers and ministerial addresses including Sir David Varney, Janet Callender and Alexis Cleveland
- speed briefing sessions to highlight best practice and partnership working
- panel discussions and interactive workshops
- hands-on demonstrations from expert suppliers in the field
- drinks reception and conference dinner
The event will feature keynote presentations, interactive speed briefing and a range of workshops. A drinks reception and conference dinner will be held at the close of the first day.
Visit the the FOSS conference website for the full programme.
Who should attend
- local authority chief executives
- senior policy makers in central government
- directors and heads of services
- corporate resources
- customer services
- human resources
- information technology
- planning and policy
- service delivery and efficiency
- partnership managers
- members and portfolio holders
- police and fire authorities
- primary care trusts, education, housing and health services
- third sector managers
The conference builds on the research carried out last year and ?Delivering public service transformation?. It will highlight projects that demonstrate how customer need is driving cross-local, public sector, service transformation.
To reserve your place at this event please use the online registration form.
Who should attend
no attendance criteria
some attendance criteria
lots of attendance criteria